BSE vs. NSE
The key differences between Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange are as follows:
• BSE was established in the year 1875. On the other hand, NSE was set up in the year 1992.
• BSE is one of the oldest stock exchange in India. While NSE is the largest stock exchange in India.
• The daily turnover and trades are much higher in NSE in comparison to BSE.
• NSE has amarketcapitalisation of more than $1.65 trillion. Whilemarketcapitalisation of BSE is $1.7 trillion.
• More than 1,700 companies are present on NSE. Meanwhile, BSE has over 5,500 companies on it.
• NSE is present in all the cities of India. However, BSE is present only in around 400 cities of the country.
• Sensex consists of 30 companies. On the other hand, Nifty comprises of 50 stocks from 22 sectors of the economy.